Wednesday 21 April 2010

Das Deutschlandlied

Sausages, Lederhosen, Nazi's, Lager and Protestantism (just me?), that's right, I'm totally dedicating an entire blog post to go on about fucking awesome German music is. More specifically, German electronic music. So here's a countdown of my 3 favourite German electro artists at the moment, and i'll give you some links- so you can all over-indulge your ears.

3) Moderat

I found out about Moderat because one of the founding members is Apparat, who I wrote about in my last post, and Modeselektor, who I am about to write about...! They've only released a few EP's and one self titled album, but their sound is nothing but infectious. It's a catchy electro sound, with varying beats and deep bass sounds. Check out their myspace here. Personally 'A New Error' is my favourite track, and sounds as if it'd be perfect for almost any atmosphere.

2) Siriusmo

Siriusumo continues where Moderat left off and displays yet more fantastically catchy jump-up electro. I defy anyone not to move at least at little bit..... basically because it sounds as if Kraftwerk had a child with modern house. And fucking hell, does that combination work incredibly well. Head over to his myspace here, where I seriously recommend you all listen to 'the uninvited guest snippet'. Other than that, check out 'High Together', and the twistingly fantastic 'Let Me In'.

1) Modeselektor


Oh God. This blog is so long that I almost forget I was leading it all up to them....well....Modeselektor first blew my tiny mind whilst on the train last week, and a train isn't a very nice place to have your mind blown.. But they play some of the best most catchy electro i've ever heard. They tick all the boxes: amazing catchy bass hooks, tight beats, and endorsements from Radiohead. How the fuck can you go wrong. RUN! To their myspace here. And check out their amazing songs (and very cool videos), in the form of Art&Cash, My Mosque Is My Cathedral (with Pfadfinderei) aaaaand also Rusty Nails.

Deutschland über alles.

No comments:

Post a Comment