Monday 29 March 2010

Bowly


Vice magazine (from whom i stole the overly-arty picture) recently did a piece on Olivier Borzeix a.k.a Bowly, and I thought I ought to spread the word further.

Bowly was born in France but works out of Montreal, Canada. His sound has clearly been shaped by a number of different genres, including house, electro and dubstep. So he obviously appeals directly to my music taste. It's another one of those 'difficult to describe' sounds, as his myspace puts it- "2 Step/Grime/Tropical".

I'd recommend giving him a listen if you're into any of the above genres, or if you happen to be a fan of the kind of sounds put out by Pearson Sound, Joy Orbison etc.

Check out his myspace here
Mamina and Kapoor are two of his tracks that I'd seriously recommend giving a listen too. But they all show why he's one to watch for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment